Sunday, April 7, 2013

Scorpion Army Aviation 2013 Jamboree


Need to trim thoes abs.
As early as 0530hrs, rise and shine, all geared up for my trip to Kluang. The plan was I am to drive to Kluang with my fellow rider, Bahri. So had to pick him up at his house at Stulang Laut. 
After setting up the Rear Rack and bikes mounted, we head to Kem Mahkota, Kluang, Johor. Took the PLUS hiway as we do not want to be late. Reached Kluang, after a short stop at 7Eleven, we entered into Kem Mahkota. We were among the earliest to arrived, so got my self a good parking spot. 
Met with my Team Mates from Team Mercury. So officially this is my first ride with them since I moved to Johor Bahru. There new members of Team Mercury which I'm not familiar with, that ok, we are riders, that important. The starting line was at a grass landing field, so it was quite a sight. Impressive actually, as many of the riders had the oppurnuty to be in the front line. 
Me and Ismanor, the founder of Team Mercury.
Its good to involve in such a jamboree. All the finishers were given medals imprint with the placing. For me, I only manage the number 762. Its really disappointing to see even beginner riders can overtake me. Its ok, since I suffered some minor cramps on my calf and thigh. The only personal record that I achieved was that I managed not to stop for cancer break or resting. So, this is the first time in my experience riding in jamborees, I did not make any stops. 
Even at the checks points, The marshals manage to put the stickers while I was riding. 
It was after passing check point two that my thigh caught the cramp, so had to pedal slow and crank up granny gear. The good news is there are quite few medical personnel, so thanks for the cramps spray, as I called it. 
It really helps for the next 20 minutes of riding. The trail was a Speed Trail. It was good for beginners to test their endurance, and for those pro and hard core riders, an oppurtunity to metted out theis guts against each others. Annuar Manan, our National Rider was also presence and ride. So you could only guess whats its like at the front line riders. All trying their best to match Annuar Manan. For me, once the cramps came in, I enjoy the ride with an occasional, makan kacang sambil kayuh. I considered my self lucky as I did not suffer any serious injuries that follows from the carmps. 
Towards the finishing, we had to ride again through the grass landing field. Its such a turn off, when you can see the finishing but you cannot sprint to it. The after ride lunch was pretty good. So, had time to enjoy it while watching tje arm-wrestling competition on the stage. After the lucky draw, me and Bahri head back to Johor Bahru. It was a good day and a good Jamboree, or shall we call it Jamborace. Congratulations to the organisor.


No comments: