Tuesday, September 25, 2012

UDA - Gunung Pulai 2.

Being not satisfied with last week ride to Legoland which only roughly 30km, this week I decided to cycle up further to Pontian. This will be my first ride in JB which I ride long distance.
 After a brief breakfast with my wife, as she went off to work, I started my ride. Carrying a bit of load, as I decided to bring along my Top Peak rear pannier. The Nusajaya Hieghway does not offer much challenge. The highest climd would be the bridge at the beginning of the highway near Tune Hotel. The rest of the fly over I would not even consider it as a climb. And just as just about to leave the business area, into a real serious ride, there you can see the Legoland exit. What a dissappointment. Well I dont know about JB riders, but for me the route to Legoland need to reconsidered. Well, maybe suitable for a beginner or just weekend ride with the wife maybe. 
Past trhough Legoland Malaysia, it only takes me 18km from my house, still not breaking any sweats.Afte a quick stop at Anjung Nusa, I proceed to the town of Gelang Patah. Looking around in Gelang Patah for a place where there's a wifi, but none avail, so just a quick nescafe tarik and one cancer stick, continue my journey. 
From Gelang Patah to Pekan Nanas, traffic is still low. So its a good ride. only rolling hills encountered. 
Came across a group of Roddies, as usual wave at them, just a sign of fellow riders. Reaching to Pekan Nanas, decided to cool down for a while, especially when I noticed a signboard which says "Asam Pedas Madu Tiga", catchy name, so stopped for teh o ais. Uniqueness in marketing like this always makes me smile. According to the owner, he only set up the establishment and still doing finishing touches here and there. Its only 2km off Pekan Nanas, southbound. 
Stopped for 100 Plus.
Entering Pekan Nanas, stopped for a photo at the "Big Nanas", he hee. Then go and checked out the bicyle shop. Seeing most of the mechanics are busy, I decided to make a short stop. As usual after my cancer stick, continue riding. Came across to me, Gunung Pulai.. ah yes, I have never before been there, so once again, decided to cancel to Pontian and change my route to Gunung Pulai. which is a well known route for local riders and Johoreans Riders. From Pekan Nanas to Gunung is roughly 7 to 8km only, maybe I took the wrong route, as I pass by a quarry, which is very unpleasant ride, as a lot of lorries and trunk roads. Entering Kampung Bakar Arang, now thats a ride, a kampung road. lots of shades around, no traffic, and the best part is, friendly people. kampung Gunung Pulai 2, is my last point. After this I wil head back to JB. According to the locals, The Majlis Perbandaran Kulai is now developing a second tourist site. The previous is Gunung Pulai 1, had encountered a few landslides and not advisable especially for those who brings their families for a dip. As usual, a few shcoked locals, when I said that I cycled from JB and alone that is. But then again, that is how I prefer.
Solo Ride. You are your own planner and executioner. Whatever changes that to be made, you only have to argue with yourself. On my way back, have to decide either to take the UTM-Skudai or back track pass Gelang Patah and Legoland. As its getting a bit dark, still traffic is quite heavy with lorries are still active. And finally  decided to back track. 
Started to feel a bit dehydrated, so I ride slow and casual to Gelang Patah. My decision was wise as there were less traffic with much shades. Except the Setia Eco Park, where there are no shades around. Entering Gelang Patah, stopped for a nescafe tarik. Still no wifi at the Mamak. so could not upload any photo yet. Its ok. I just needed to rest a while. Mentally I knew how long it would take me to reached Legoland, so a bit of rest is well deserve. 
Ride Back-Track to UDA. at Legoland around 1830hrs.
Reaching Legoland again, to me, mentally I consider that I have reached home. Now is is the second time for the same route, so it would not be much taxing after passing Legoland, its only 15km away from UDA. Its not even dark yet, but I consider it a night ride though, so turn on my blinkers and off I ride home. So far, the route was not very enticing. Need to find a better route, less traffic with more scenic experience.  Overall the distance of 100km for a day ride is considered as a GOOD RIDE. now thats wothr the effort of getting up from bed early in the morning .... 

AND JUST RIDE BEBEH..









No comments: